Today’s contemporary domiciles will normally have a more recent 4 power that is prong on the wall surface for the dryer to connect into. This might be now the typical in the usa and is safer as compared to older 3 prong. Therefore, you may run into this predicament if you buy a slightly older dryer that still uses the 3 prong power cord. What now ?? You have got 2 options…
Choice 1 – You can hire a professional electrician to install a fresh 4 prong cord on your own dryer. An electrician will often charge around $80 dollars to set up a new cord on the dryer. Professional installation will not often through the price of a brand new 4 dryer cord that is prong. A 4 prong 30amp 250v dryer cord will often price around $15 to $25 bucks in the event that you purchase it your self. For you to buy the 4 prong dryer cord beforehand if you will be calling an electrician to install the cord, it may be cheaper. This could help you save around $40 bucks based on what the electrician will charge for a power cord that is new.
Option 2 – The other option would be to get a fresh 4 prong dryer power cable and set it up yourself. For those who have electric experience this work should take around half an hour. Nevertheless we suggest to engage an electrician whenever coping with a scenario such as this. Then read on if using a professional electrician is not possible. If you need to install the newest dryer cord yourself, be sure to work with a UL Listed 4 prong replacement dryer power cord with flanged spade terminals for simple and fast connections.
To alter the ability cord your self, first watch this video clip to have a sense of what exactly is included. Always disconnect energy when doing just about any repairs on an appliance!
- Buy the correct power cord that is dryer.
- FOR PROTECTION: head to the dryer manufacturer’s web site in order to find the wiring diagram on how best to connect the cable correctly. The replacement cord you bought might also have “How To Wire” diagram onto it also. The dryer may also state in the straight straight back what color and in which the cables link.
- Turn the breaker off to your dryer.
- Unplug the dryer cable from energy.
- Access the dryer by sliding it down very very carefully.
- Get behind the dryer and eliminate the terminal block access panel (small panel with frequently one screw securing it).
- Loosen the screws keeping the cable cables in the terminal block.
- Detach the cord that is old.
- Loosen the screws regarding the cable stress relief.
- Slip the old cord out and eliminate totally.
- Slip the new cord into place.
- Connect and tighten up the brand new cord cables from the terminal block properly and based on the manufacturer’s suggestions.
- Fasten the screws regarding the cord stress relief (in the event that cord that is new a more recent stress relief, usage that certain as opposed to the old one).
- Reinstall the terminal block access panel.
- Plug dryer cord to the wall surface socket for the dryer.
- Start the breaker towards the dryer.
- Testing the dryer to make sure it operates and gets heat.
three or four prong power cord installation on a dryer that is electric